My Fertility Query
My husband’s sperms are an issue!
Common sperm issues are
- Azoospermia: no sperms
- Oligospermia: few sperms
- Teratospermia: abnormally shaped
- Blocked tubes (vas deferens)
- High sperm DNA fragmentation: affect sperms ability to fertilise an egg
What affects it
- Smoking, excessive drinking, drugs, excessive weight.
- Past conditions like undescended testes, hernia, STD or severe trauma.
- Acute viral illness can also temporarily affect sperm health
After 45, there is a decline in the quality, volume, motility and morphology of sperm.
- Retrograde ejaculation: Some or all semen flows backwards into the bladder
- Immunological infertility: Develops antibodies against his own sperm
- Hyperprolactinemia: Elevated levels of the prolactin hormone causing infertility by affecting the function of the testes
- Occlusion: Blockage in a man’s reproductive system
Unfortunately, there are not many treatments that will improve the quality of the sperms. Good news is, there are few treatments, that make use of the best of sperms. Eg:
- MESA / TESA
Zoi Fertility will explain your options and help you choose the best path for you.