Sequential embryo transfer
Sequential Embryo Transfer
All embryos communicate with the parent uterus using various hormones called cytokines.
- Cytokines helps the uterus to prepare for implantation.
- Embryos chemically tells the uterus what it needs for development and implantation.
- Embryo transfer on Day 3 aids the implantation of a second sequential transfer of blastocysts on day 5. This increases chances of possible pregnancy, since the uterus was prepared by first embryos for second set of embryos.
Is Sequential Embryo Transfer For Me?
If you had multiple failed IVF treatments or you fall under high age group, Sequential embryo transfer is the best for you.
Sequential Embryo Transfer process?
- The fast growing embryos are transferred into the uterus on day 2 or 3 of egg pick up / ICSI.
- The second group of embryos (usually blastocysts on day 5) are transferred into the uterus just a few days later
- Sequential embryo transfer not only increases pregnancy rate, it also increases implantation of more than 1 embryo.
- Thus directly, increasing the chance of multiple births.
Is Sequential Embryo Transfer A Safe Procedure For Her?
It is a safe procedure for women as it is only transfers that are done twice against the painful injections or egg pick up stage